FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For the time being, this option is not provided. Applicants who show up without a partner will be placed on a waiting list. Should another participant show up looking for a partner, we will give you the opportunity to form a team and sign up together.
Yes. As per the rules, registration can be made by a pair of cyclist friends or a pair of sailor friends.
Unfortunately, this is not possible. The two pairs can register separately. The crews, on the other hand, will be drawn by lot and formed during the first day of the event.
Certainly. In fact, you can request to rent a sailboat, including a skipper, for the duration of the experience. The boats available are very similar to each other: lengths range from 37 to 44 feet.
Certainly. Again you can rent a road bike for the duration of the experience.
Yes. Keep in mind, however, that for the entire eight days of the event, you will have to stay and spend the night on the boat with the pair of sailors with whom you will be paired. If needed, you may be asked to help the crew during sailings. Directions will be given to you directly by the sailors.
You can still sign up even if you don’t ride a bike. Sailors do not participate in cycling stages.
The crews, consisting of a pair of sailors and a pair of cyclists, will be drawn by lot on the first day of the event.
The maximum number of crews is 50. Should more requests be received, they will be placed on a waiting list. The number of pairs of cyclists admitted must match the number of pairs of sailors entered and themselves admitted to the event. Extra pairs of cyclists will be placed on a waiting list. Should new pairs of sailors be admitted to the event, new teams will be formed. Up to a maximum of 50 crews.
The registration fee includes, for each person:
- Welcome drink (day 1)
- 7 breakfasts (days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- 6 lunches (days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- 6 dinners (days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Participation in the activities planned during the experience dedicated to the discovery of Salento (days 3 and 6) and Corfu (days 4 and 5)
- Attendance at the closing party, scheduled at Workness’ headquarters in the 18th-century Filograna palace in Spongano, with the possibility of bringing a chaperone
- One Cyclists’ Bag, containing cycling jersey and shorts, T-shirt and Bermuda shorts, or one Sailors’ Bag, containing two jerseys and two Bermuda shorts
- Mooring in Santa Maria di Leuca (LE) and Gouvia
- Bus transfers (return) during the Salento experience (days 3 and 6)
- Transfers by boat (return) from Gouvia to Kerkyra and vice versa (day 5)
The registration fee does not include:
- Fuel for the boat
- Boat rental, amounting to €1,500.00 + VAT (optional)
- Bicycle rental, amounting to €350.00 + VAT (optional)
- Mandatory insurance policy
- Optional insurance policy
Anything not specifically stated in the program and travel conditions explained in the “The Fee Includes” section of the regulations.
Yes, it is mandatory. IL GIRO DEI VENTI aims to give its participants a complete and immersive all-around experience. Thus, it is stipulated in the regulations that all crew members stay overnight on the boat for the duration of the experience.
To register for the event, it is necessary to go to the official website of IL GIRO DEI VENTI(www.ilgirodeiventi.it), go to the ‘Registration‘ section and register in the appropriate form. For more information, the reference number to contact is +39 393 886 1261.
Yes, medical care is provided ashore and at sea. In addition, to protect the well-being of the athletes, a team of physical therapists will be present for the duration of the event.
Certainly. Each athlete will be allowed to bring a chaperone to the closing party scheduled at Workness headquarters in the 18th-century Filograna palace in Spongano.
If you participated in the first edition IL GIRO DEI VENTI, the participation fee is €2,000.00 for women and €2,500.00 for men. If this is your first time participating, the fee is €2,500.00 for women and €4,000 for men.